During these uncertain times, we wanted you to know that Atos and Countrywide are here to support and help, including in helping you get some extra protection.
These are some situations where this may apply:
• If you leave the house to go for a walk or to exercise
•If you go to a Pharmacy, GP surgery or hospital
•If you need to go to the shops or to a petrol station
•If you need to use public transport or take a taxi
•If someone is coming over to visit you
•If you or someone in your home has symptoms of coronavirus
1. Using an HME at all times – If you can, wearing an HME will help to warm and humidfy the air your breathe in and may offer some degree of filtration.
2. Wearing a specialist HME – We have seen an increase in demand for our Provox Micron product recently, please see below for more information. This is because it has a bacteria and virus filter.
3. Combining a protector with your HME – This helps to provide an additional physical barrier over your stoma.
If you are unsure about what you should use or when to use it, please ask your healthcare professional for advice.
Provox Micron HME is designed to help you stay healthy when you need it most. It filters small particles, and 99.9% of viruses and bacteria from the air you breathe.
If you would like to find out more about Provox Micron, click below:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds
2. Use hand sanitiser gel if soap is not available
3. Make sure you wash your hands before touching or cleaning your stoma
4. Keep the area you store and apply your products clean and free from dust and debris
5. If you’re able to use a Provox Flexivoice Freehands device, this may help to reduce the amount you need to touch your stoma.
*Please note: Since pathogens can get into the human body in other ways, ProTrach XtraCare and Provox Micron can never guarantee complete protection. Please read the instructions for guidance.